Thursday, April 23, 2009

I FOUND IT!!!!

I didn't post about this, but last Wednesday I lost my beautiful anniversary band that Dave bought me for my 40th birthday. We looked everywhere for it. We pulled apart the garbage, the recycling and the compost, but it didn't turn up. We had contacted the insurance company and were going to proceed with the claim. I have to admit, I didn't want to rush the claim because I was sure it would turn up somewhere.

AND IT DID.

I was making Ravioli for dinner tonight and when I pulled my recipe book out of the cupboard I heard a tinkling noise. I looked in the cupboard and there was my ring, on the floor of the cupboard. Last Wednesday, I had been making chicken noodle soup and had the recipe book out on the counter. I figure I took the ring off, placed it on the book, then when I cleaned up the kitchen, I just shut the book and put it away.

I can't fully express how happy I am. I know I could have replaced it, but it wouldn't have been the same.

Yet another thing to be thankful for.

2 comments:

nicola said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara said...

I can't believe that you found it!!! That's amazing!