Friday, October 11, 2013

Pondering . . .

Do you ever find yourself doing the same things over and over? Things that perhaps at one point in your life brought you joy but have become to feel more like a chore because they’ve gotten a tad overwhelming?

I was like that with the blogs I read. I had close to 100 blogs on my list that I would try to read every day. Realistically, I didn’t have the time nor the inclination to read that many blogs. I found I was going in and clicking ‘mark as read’ on the same blogs without even reading them and I had to ask myself – why am I doing this? I’ve managed to whittle my blog list down to about 25 and lucky for me, they’re not blogs that post every day. I felt a little bad about doing it – what if I miss out on something great? – but it had to be done.

This Project Life thing has also gotten like that lately. I enjoy it, don’t get me wrong but it has become a chore. An item I place on my list of things to do for the week. Especially lately with all this catching up I’ve had to do. I managed it. I got it done and now I’m hoping to keep myself on schedule but somehow I need to bring the joy back to the process and I’m not quite sure how to do that. I need to get back to my regular, hands-on, get messy scrapbooking too. I think one of my issues is there are so many things I want to do and so many things I need to do and so many things I should do that I have a tough time actually deciding what to do so I do nothing.

 Does that make any sense at all? How do you keep yourself motivated to do all that you need/want/should do in a day? Any help would be most appreciated!




1 comment:

Barbara said...

I get like that all the time. I just find it becomes such a chore. That's when it's time to let some things go.