Saturday, January 8, 2011

December 365

Boy have times changed.

I’ve been sitting here in my comfy chair for far too long, happily engrossed in my final pages of last years’ 365 album. There was a time, not too long ago, when that would not, could not, have happened. Today, Dave was at the gym, Isobel was at a friend’s house, and Meredith was happily working away in the kitchen with Ally on a science project. (There were knives and hot glue but I left them to it – aren’t you proud of me?)

And now, Dave is sitting next to me reading a book.

It is positively peaceful. I never thought this day would come. Back when the girls were little, it was a constant cycle of feeding, playing, soothing, helping, changing, pacifying and entertaining. Even the smallest task was monumental and required a great deal of thought and planning. There are certain things I miss about those days. To a certain degree, I miss being needed. I miss the playing and the interaction. But it’s all good. Life moves forward.

And on that philosophical note, I am officially done my P365 for 2010. I can’t believe I made it another year. There were times when I was very far behind. There were times when I was short photos and there were even times when I just didn’t want to do it anymore. But I am so glad I did.

Here they are:






I’ll be doing it again for 2011 with a slightly different format, but I’ll post more on that later. 
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this your second or third year doing P365?
It's amazing and a huge accomplishment.
Congratulations on finishing!

Barbara said...

congratulations on finishing another year. It will be so amazing to look back on in years to come.

nicola said...

I absolutely adore your 365's! Thank you for continuing, they are always such a treat!