Monday, March 1, 2010

Go Canada Go!!

THE I AM CANADIAN RANT

Hey,
I'm not a lumberjack, or a Furtrader,
and I don't live in an igloo,
or eat blubber
or own a dogsled.
And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a prime minister... not a president,
I speak English and French, not American
and I pronounce it About, not A-boot.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack,
I believe in peacekeeping, not policing,
diversity not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.

A toque is a hat,
a chesterfield is a couch,
and it IS pronounced Zed,
not Zee... ZED!!
Canada is the 2nd largest land mass,
the 1st nation of hockey,
and the best part of North America.

My name is Joe...
and...I......AM......CANADIAN!

Thank you.


It just needed to be said.

The past couple of weeks have made me feel very patriotic and very proud to be Canadian. Last night's hockey game was AMAZING - and that's saying a lot as I am not one to watch, let alone enjoy, hockey.

I am sad the Olympics are over but am very proud of my country and our athletes and am hoping to get to all the laundry and house cleaning that has piled up!!

Congratulations Canada.

No comments: