Monday, January 18, 2010

There was no question in my mind as to whether or not I would do the 365 for 2010. While it was a lot of work, the end result was well worth it. I think it will quickly become one of my favourite albums. The only question for me was how I would do it for 2010.

Initially I decided I would do 8 ½ X 11 pages so that I didn’t have to cut them down. They would be simpler than simple. I was going to import all my photos into Picasa and make a collage from there that I would slap on the page and include journaling. This was my first attempt:




Blah.
That’s what I thought when I looked at it. Just blah.


I don’t normally scrapbook 8 ½ X 11 and I think that was my first issue. My second issue was that while the collage option in Picasa is awesome, it doesn’t let me choose which photo is the largest photo. You know I don’t like to be in control!! Haha. Then there was the journaling. I couldn’t figure out how to fit it on the page so I put it in the collage but it’s so small you can barely read it.

So here’s what I’m doing.

In 2009 each week had 2 pages and I used the same colours/papers throughout the month. For 2010 there will only be 1 page per week. This should save me lots of ink. Each month will follow the exact same design. I’ve bought a few templates and I will use just one template per month. This should make it fast and I think, in the end, very cohesive.





So, that’s my plan. Have a great day and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Dee said...

I really like the idea of doing a 365 album. I am contemplating having a go at doing it in retrospect as 2009 was the toughest year I think I have ever had (and that is saying something!) I didn't do a single scrapbook and I don't think i did more than just look at my pages. so i need to document the year and i think will try to adapt it - maybe a double page per month and cover the stuff that way.

thanks for the inspiration.

I really like what you are doing for 2010. i like clean and simple pages. i like keeping the theme for a month - no difficult decisions to make about layout, colours etc. prevents getting bogged down in the details and lets you focus on documenting the journey.

blessings.

Barbara said...

I'm so glad you're doing this again. I may need you to keep me going ... crack the whip!
I love you pages. I like that it will look different from last year's.