Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Back . . . Again

Well, I’m back.

I think.
For today, anyway!!

It’s been a long time but I’ve been quite busy. School is back in and I’ve been struggling with establishing some kind of regular routine. I’m determined to increase my activity this year and am either walking or running 6 days a week. It’s a lot to fit in and I’m convinced that’s why I’m having such a tough time carving out time for things like this blog, but I know it’s the right thing to do so I’m not giving it up.

Briefly, here’s what’s happened here over the past couple of months:

We went to Lion’s Head for a week and had a great time. We hopped on the Chi-Cheemaun for a day trip to Manitoulin Island and enjoyed numerous beaches including Sauble Beach and Singing Sands. It was a great trip.

We went to the Ex before school went back in. I always have a great time there.

Both girls are back at school and settling in nicely. It seems to be a bit harder this year to get the older one up and out of the house in the morning, but we’re getting there!! They are in grades 3 and 7 this year. I find that remarkably hard to believe.



Dave and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and his 41st birthday.

Isobel celebrated her 8th birthday with a party at the Airborne Trampoline Centre. We had 15 children in attendance and they jumped almost non stop for an hour. It was great. After the party our good friends Emma and Megan spent the night. It’s always good to have those girls over.

Isobel got a Chinese Fighting Fish named Fisher Jack for her birthday from Meredith, who has already died. (The fish, not Meredith!!) It was quite traumatic and I didn’t even manage to get a photo of him. He has since been replaced with Swimmer Leo.



Meredith seems to have had a growth spurt. None of her clothes from June fit her now. Even the pants I got her in late July don’t fit so we’ve been doing some shopping.

I’ve been working hard on my 365 pages. Here are a couple of them:





It looks like I’m going to be doing a bit of paid work again. Yay me!!! I’m going to do my best to keep posting.

Thanks for putting up with me and checking back here regularly.

2 comments:

nicola said...

yay I'm so excited you're up and posting again! What do you mean you'll be working again....? Did P!NK hire you as a back up dancer?

Barbara said...

Just make sure that the paid work doesn't interfer with your play time, LOL!