Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Update

I’m not going to post photos and I’m not going to do any links. I’m just going to do a quick post to keep this blog up to date.

My time is not my own right now. We’re having a great summer and, as always, I wonder how I got things done when my girls were home with me all the time. It seems to be that back then, I didn’t have quite as much to do. And I don’t mean things I NEED to do, but rather things I WANT to do.

Anyway, so far this summer, we’ve gone to Wonderland, the AGO, the Science Centre and the Royal Botanical Gardens. We’ve got together for play dates with the Roberts, spent some time with Grandma and had a week of swimming lessons for Isobel. I’ve managed to still crop most Tuesdays for a couple of hours and we’re planning a garage sale for this weekend.

Last weekend we were away at a friend’s cottage. It was 100 years old and had boat access only. It was absolutely beautiful and we all had a great time.

The summer is only a few weeks old and we’re doing well so far. The girls are enjoying their ‘old fashioned’ summer without camps to amuse them every minute. We are playing with friends, reading, swimming and spending time outside. We are doing chores and watching TV. We are just hanging out and sleeping in.

Thanks for reading. I’ll post again when I can.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I need 365 pictures........WAH!

Barbara said...

sounds like you're doing a good job filling your time without me, LOL! Enjoy your summer.